[Beauty x Review x Sponsored] NUA Facial Review

by - 8/05/2015 03:28:00 PM

I'm a huge fan of facials and the coolest thing 

Nestled in the popular food area of Tanjong Pagar is a hidden gem!
NUA offers facial and hair removal services

About NUA
2009 - NUA started in Tokyo with outlets located in the very stylish and 'atas' Omotesando is now in Singapore! This salon became famous for being reasonable, professional, and highly professional among celebrities, models, expats, and other trendy people.
The Japanese hair removal & facial chain salon was brought to Singapore by Shiori-san who is also a therapist! 
The salon is very cozy, clean, and relaxing.

Go up the stairs to begin your well deserved pampering session!

ヌア!
The reception area - it's very cozy and NUA has a wide range of high quality items next to the reception area!
All of their products are carefully selected and focuses on being natural, eco-friendly, and gentle to your skin. I'll be featuring a few products but check out the rest because they're awesome!

When I first saw this I thought it was a mint! It's actually a lip balm!!!
There's no flavor/smell but it's very moisturizing, super compact, and 100% natural!
(JOIK Magusad huuled Lip Balm with Honey S$16)

Another addition to the JOIK family is the body lotion! I got to take a sniff and it smelled HEAVENLY!! 

Made with the highest quality oils and blends derived from sustainably grown plants. 
(Atlantic Aromatics S$28)


Besides their facial services, they also have a waxing room too! 
I waxed my legs for the FIRST TIME in this room and it was a very pleasant experience ♪ It wasn't painful at all and the wax smelled really nice too!



After filling up the usual forms (skin type, concern, personal info... the typical form that you fill in when you go for a facial the very first time, I was led to the facial room!
The facial room

I was asked to change into a pretty sarong! It felt comfier than the usual tube dresses because of the material and the freedom to tie it however you like. 

Ready for the facial ♪ Or for a day out in the beach (笑)

This is super random but I just wanted to point out how comfy this blanket was!

Ready for the facial!
If I know I'm going for a facial, I usually don't apply any (or minimal) makeup and stick to just applying sunscreen. 

The facial began with a gentle double cleansing to get rid of all the impurities on your skin so that your skin is ready to absorb the good things from the facial. 
Extraction time!
It's important to clean out your pores to get rid of the blackheads and/or whiteheads.
During the extraction, Shiori-san asked if I use the blackhead removing mask. The last time I used it was when I was..13-15 years old? I stopped using it because it's quite painful when you remove it AND I read that it opens up your pores even more!! Shiori-san agreed and told me that it's better to leave the extraction to a therapist...which is exactly what I do♪

Next is the clay mask and microfoliant (skin peel)!

The microfoliant helps to clean out the pores and remove the dead skin cells. 
The clay mask is for deep cleansing to clean out the pores/excess sebum and combats/prevents acne.
The ingredients for the clay mask includes clay, marine algae, limonene, and plant extracts.

A few of the tools that were used during the treatment

Water mask for a hydrating & nourishing effect. The ingredients for the water mask includes cucumber extract, green tea extract, lavender, orange peel oil, and other plant extracts. If you haven't noticed yet, all the ingredients that are used in the facial are natural ingredients! So it's gentle to the skin! やった~♪

The Radio Frequency machine helps to lift the skin and to help the essences in the water mask to penetrate into the skin. It feels slightly cooling at first but after a while it warms up (close to your body temperature) and it felt sooooo good! If I wasn't talking to Emily (we were classmates since Middle School!!!!) I probably would have knocked out, LOL

Finish the facial with a treatment massage using organic essential oils and you're done!  


Results?
After the facial, my face felt and looked more radiant, glowing, and refreshed! 
お肌リフレッシュ☆
There's a few cases when my skin will break out a few days after my facial but after my facial session with NUA, my face didn't break out AT ALL! It's probably because the facial was very gentle and the natural ingredients helped prevent it. Chemical peels tend to turn your face RED but as you can see... the gentle chemical peel from NUA only leaves your skin feeling and looking great! 


[Address]   18A Tanjong Pagar Road  088441
Closest MRT is Tanjong Pagar (Exit A) just walk towards Tanjong Pagar Rd/Maxwell and look for the His.tori restaurant!
[Tel]   (+65) 6327 1002

[Opening Hours]
Monday-Friday 9.00am-8.00pm 

Saturday 10.00am-7.00pm 

Closed Sundays & Public Holidays



A huge thank you to Shiori-san and Emily for the wonderful pampering session! 
Hope everyone has a great weekend! 

xoxo,


You May Also Like

0 comments