[Beauty X Review x Sponsored] DPL Dynamic Pulsed Light Therapy with Beautyhope

by - 8/17/2016 04:29:00 PM

Hi August~!
I can't believe that we're nearing the END OF 2016!!!!

My skin isn't the best in the world, it's definitely got better than before but I still get those random breakouts here and there on my nose/chin area.
That's why one of my goals this year is to take better care of myself - which is why facials are super important! 
I dropped by BeautyHope to try out their latest DPL Dynamic Pulsed Light Therapy.
Light therapy is becoming SUPER popular these days so I was super excited to try it out!



ABOUT BEAUTYHOPE
Beautyhope was inspired to to enhance the confidence for more people by Miss Cherry Lok - who has over 20 years of hands-on experience in facial beauty, skincare, slimming, and massage therapies. They are a passionate team that only provides the best product and service for their customers, which resulted in numerous awards and accolades. 
Beautyhope is your one stop beauty destination!



I've been to BeautyHope numerous times to do my brows and I can tell you that their aestheticians are all super friendly and very skilled. I always feel like my face is in good hands~
The team at the Ang Mo Kio branch and Joselyn!


DPL Dynamic Pulsed Light Therapy
This therapy targets pigmentation and skin rejuvenation.
In addition to the DPL Dynamic Pulsed Light therapy, I got to try the high frequency treatment for my acne! 
Ready to start the treatment!



Cleansing
The most important step! 
If you don't properly cleanse your face, your skin won't be able to absorb all the good stuff happening on your face! It's like you won't have a clean, smooth canvas to paint with.
I usually go without any makeup since...what's the point if it's going to be removed LOL 
Oh so relaxing~ I really love facials and going to hair salons because  they pamper you like mad!!! 
Love it!


Soft Peeling
Soft Peeling helps to deeply cleanse the skin which helps to remove dead skin cells, reduce open pores and improve the skin's clarity. 
Super gentle on the skin! I tend to avoid harsh, strong exfoliators since they can do more harm than good. Also you can kinda see the acne marks below my mouth and chin yeah?
I hate getting breakouts because my skin takes AN ETERNITY to recover.

My face is fresh and clean ♪


Eyebrow trimming and extraction
I know that extraction is a pretty common step during facials but...EYEBROW TRIMMING?!?
Um, yes please??
I thought that was so cool and I loved my  nicely done brows~
I know that people hate extractions because it's painful but, I was quite pleasantly surprised that it wasn't that painful! 


High Frequency Machine
Since I had a bit of acne on my skin, I was recommended to try out the high frequency machine!
This awesome machine helps to remove the bacteria on your skin and targets the open pores.
I have VERY visible pores and it's to the point where if I don't use a smoothing primer, I look like a freaking golfball... *sigh*

Hello new friend! 

There's a gauze that's placed on your skin and then this rod is applied to your skin.

It's not painful at all but you can hear this zappy zappy sound. 

Doesn't it look like a sci-fi movie prop??


Go away stupid acne!!!! zap zap zap



DPL Dynamic Pulsed Light Therapy
The part of the treatment we've been all waiting for!! 
This is the latest advanced Dynamic Toning technology which makes DPL most effective and the safe light-based toning treatment by quick separate shots with low fluence but high energy density.
This treatment promotes cell renewal, lightens pigmentation and acne scars, boosts collagen and elastin production.
 It's pretty much everything I need for my face right now!


Here's a bit of the 'science' behind the treatment!




D-Light 15 Shots per second - A new first-of-it's-kind concept of combing IPL and Laser Power source to create a new pulse shape and speed.

Smart 1.3 Shots per second - The unique power source enables fast discharging speed. SMART made delivers high density pulses with low fluency, and still makes very fast shot, 1.3 shots per second.

Safe Pulse Shape - D-Light side delivers Low Fluence but High Density pulses, which reduces the chance of side effects but increases the efficacy by using faster repetitive shot within safe zone. Its low fluence pulses protect peripheral tissue from unexpected damage except targeted Chromophore.  

High Energy DensityThe energy density of ELLA DPL is much higher than other conventional IPL. Its higher density is very useful to treat epidermal Melasma. 


Before the treatment, a gel is applied to my skin to protect my skin and to help the machine glide smoothly across my face. We don't want any strong pulling action on your face since that would promote saggy skin (NO NO NO NO NO!!).

Don't forget to protect your eyes! I look like I'm ready for a tanning session...
I'm ready!!

I was told that my skin will feel a little warm but I didn't really notice it.

I think because I was preoccupied taking photos. 
It was super hard getting a shot since the light was SUPER BRIGHT!
It made some photos completely white - thank goodness my eyes were protected!
It was a really nice sensation as the machine glides across your face~

Checking through my pics throughout the treatment to make sure the photos turned out alright.
Yes, I take all my photos (even when my eyes are closed during the treatment) and it's easy to do it with my handy dandy Casio camera!

My skin is already looking MUCH better!
Hello clearer skin!!


Cold Ultrasonic
Quoting Katy Perry's song, after something hot...you need something cold!
This Cold Ultrasonic helps to shrink visibly open pores to improve the appearance a rough skin's surface. It also helps to strengthen the collagen fibers, tighten the skin, and making the skin more elastic, smooth, and free from wrinkles and crows feet.
ALSO! It's designed to calm down the skin after peeling - since your skin is sensitive after the treatment.

It's always important to protect your skin from the friction of the machine! 
#saynotosaggyskin

Enjoyed EVERY SECOND OF THIS TREATMENT!
It wasn't cold like ice but it was a comfortably cool sensation on my skin.


Hydrating Mask
After all the light treatments, hydrating your skin is a MUST!
It's usually a normal cotton sheet mask but...what BeautyHope provided was a pleasant surprise!
Looking like a mummy

A hydrating mask is placed onto my skin. 
It's super cooling and refreshing.

So.... how do I look?
I'm looking so pretty right? LOL
Got to relax for 15~20mins with the mask on and my skin felt so supple after the mask was removed!


Basic Skincare & Sunscreen
Ending the treatment with a basic skincare and sunscreen to protect my face~ 
...and that's it! That marks the end of the treatment.


After the Treatment
My skin felt AMAZING after the treatment but here's a few things to keep note of after the treatment!

Avoid using any skincare products (face masks too!) that contain acidic ingredients for at least 7 days.
Ingredients like: Vitamin C, AHA, and other Whitening ingredients.

Use a hydrating mask after the treatment to maximize the results!

Apply sunscreen DAILY to protect your skin.

Of course my acne didn't disappear right after the treatment but it's definitely less obvious!

You can barely see the acne scar that was below the left side of my mouth!  
When I went home, my mom told me that my skin looked brighter than usual and asked what foundation I was using.
I got to reply with a douchey reply of, "I have nothing on, it's my natural skin".
LOL

After the treatment, there was no down time whatsoever and I was really impressed with the results.

Of course this isn't a one time solution! You'll need to go once a month or maybe more depending on your skin condition for a thorough cleanse and pampering session.



Want to try the DPL Dynamic Pulsed Light Therapy?
Just quote 'Kiyoko' and enjoy this treatment for only SGD$68 (Usual Price SGD$380)!!
*Terms & Conditions Apply
A huge thank you to Beautyhope and Gotideas!
For more information and updates from Beautyhope, check out the links below! 

Blk 709 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8
#01--2605
Singapore 560709
Tel: +65 6458 2293

Blk 261 Waterloo Street
#02-42
Singapore 180261
Tel: +65 6883 2293




Hope y'all have a great week ahead!! Gambatte everyone!

xoxo,

You May Also Like

0 comments