[Event] Sakura Day @ The Race 2016

by - 10/28/2016 11:00:00 AM

TGIF y'all!
Today I wanted to share with you guys my experience at the Panasonic Kranji Mile Sakura Day @ The Racecourse!!



If you didn't know, the Kranji Racecourse was officially opened by the then Singapore President SR Nathan on March 4, 2000. Races aren't happening every day! Non non~ They're held on mostly Friday nights and Sunday afternoon. It's not just for local races! The Kranji Club also operates the totalistator on simulcast races from overseas! For example...they'll offer wagering on races from Australia, Hong, Malaysia, Macau, New Zealand, South Africa, Europe and occasionally from Japan, Korea and UAE (Dubai).


This place is HUUUUUGE!! They have 1,217 horses, 26 licensed trainers and a mix of Singaporean/Malaysian jockeys and visiting jockeys here!

Time to share more about what went on during the day!
The event started at The Derby Room!
When you enter, you'll be greeted by a buffet!
They have a good range of sweet and savory dishes!

Grab a few things to munch on while watching the race!
My previous impression of horse races are... sweaty, cigarettes, newspaper, and no aircon.
I was so happy that the Derby Room was NOTHING like that!
It's like so...'atas'! 

We even got a welcome drink! It was super yummy!

I tried to take a selfie with the kareshi but he was too busy taking photos.... 
Wondering why I'm wearing a yukata?

Well it's because today was the Singapore Turf Club's (STC) annual Sakura Day @ the Kranji Racecourse!!! So for this year's Sakura Day it is the 10th Panasonic Kranji mile!! 
The Panasonic Kranji mile is the first Leg of the prestigious Singapore Triple Crown Series and the prize money increased to...$700,000!!!


On Sakura Day, the STC also collaborates with the Japanese Association Singapore (JAS) to organize activities for guests to immerse in the Japanese culture. 


Here's the million dollar view~!


I had so much fun watching each race and I got to learn more about horse racing - which was really eye-opening!


Since it's a horse race...I had to bring my lucky Ponicorn!!


So we were told that we could go downstairs to see the race and the horsies up close!
I was so excited to see the horsies up close! (Since...I'm born in the year of the horse)
While waiting for the lift, I realized the lights were horseshoe shaped! 
So cute!!!!!

This is where the horsies make a round before going to the race track! 
I kept eye-ing the white horsies so when I asked why they don't race, I was told that they're retired race horses! They are like the alumni to calm the freshmen - which makes lots of sense! 
Some of these race horses aren't used to people (especially complete strangers!) so having someone chill nearby will definitely help to calm their nerves. 

UGH TOO CUTE!!!

Managed to get a selfie with the horsie! I look like shit though LOL!!!

Here's what the race track looks likes!
We got to chill at this area and see the crowning ceremony and get close with the Jockeys! 

They weigh in and after the race to make sure their weight hasn't drastically change. 
It's supposedly to ensure it's a fair race.

HE SMILED!!
We rarely take photos since he doesn't like taking photos... *sigh*

Sharing with you guys my OOTD secret.
I use my Casio FR-100 camera, plop it against a steady surface, and shoot!

Had such a lovely day at the Kranji Race Course! 
Thank you so much to HP and the Singapore Turf Club for the inviting me!
Ending this post with a shameless solo OOTD. 

For updates and more information, check out the links below!

xoxo,

You May Also Like

0 comments