[Food x Travel] Sumikko Kissaten (Cafe) @ Shibuya 喫茶すみっこ@渋谷!

by - 4/18/2016 12:00:00 PM

Today's a super fun post about my favorite...SUMIKKO GURASHI!
They recently had a themed cafe in Shibuya for a limited period and I got to go! (*´∀`*)


Had to make a reservation in advance and I was super lucky to get a table!
The signboard outside the building!

EVEN THE DOOR IS A SUMIKKO-THEME!!!
Let's go in!



In front of the entrance is a counter and the illustrator of Sumikko Gurashi did some illustrations on the wallpaper!

Penguin? craving for some sandwiches! 

Ugh this artwork is so adorable!!
If only the official one included Tokage too...

This is what my dream home would look like ♡

The shelves had some new sumikko merchandises and limited edition items that can only be bought at this cafe! 

These plushies aren't just for decoration! You can bring them over to your table or chair to selfie with them or to accompany you while you eat!

The entire place was super crowded so it was hard to get a shot of the place but...
this is what one part of the cafe looked like! I just love every single detail that's put into this place!

Tsubame glaring at Shirokuma and Neko!

Penguin? is wondering why the tapiocas are part of the sundae.

Even the lamps have the sumikko faces on it!!!

This is very random but... I just wanted to point out that the toilet had a Sumikko face on it too!
Also the Mame Master!

I'm definitely going to decorate my dry kitchen area like this!

Obake (ghost) is the waitor!

The kuro tapioca is so cute!!!! I wish they sold these as merch!

I must save penguin? from the evil claw!!!!

A veeeeery big ebi fry no shippo waiting for someone to join her!

Did you leave anything behind?

Penguin: Do you want to join the sumikko gang?
Me: YES I DO!!!!


MAD LOVE THIS OBAKE PLUSHIE!!! WHERE CAN I GET THIS!!! UGHHHHHH

A short introduction of the main characters!

Sumikko wall artworks! I really love the one with tokage x penguin!!  

Mame Master Tumblers... I wish they had them in stock T^T 

I love the table mats!!! There were 2 types and it had...

Tokage!!! Why didn't they do a big one of tokage on the wall T_T

Here's the 2nd type! It's similar to the apron-type blanket that was part of the recent Ichiban Kuji!

Brought some friends along all the way from Singapore!

Here's the menu!
If you want a clearer image you can see it here.

Obake: Are you ready to order?
Mame Master: ....

Penguin? and tokage checking out the cool penguin? latte! 
You can choose from 5 favorite characters - shirokuma, penguin?, neko, tonkatsu, and mame master.

Zoooooooom up to the latte art!

Penguin?-ception!!!!
I tried the gacha and I GOT PENGUIN!!!! I KNEW THAT WE WERE MEANT TO BE!!!

Super happy with my penguin? latte!!

Natsukashi no Melon Soda (with Tapioca)

Neko no Fuwa Fuwa Omu Rice ~ Demiglaze Sauce ~
Includes zassou that neko sometimes noms on!

Shirokuma no Hoka Hoka Curry
Includes furoshiki!

I got the Gyu~to Sumikko Plate
I was squealing in delight and I was super tempted to order the Osusume Sandwich to complete the entire menu but... this was very filling T_T I almost couldn't finish dessert!!

Mame Master Special Pancake
There's 2 super thick pancakes piled on top and to be honest it was impossible to finish it!
Super yummy though!

Obake ga Kiechau!? Affogato

Why is it called 'The Disappearing Obake?' Here's why!

OH NOOOOOOOO OBAKEEEE T_T I'm sorry but you were delicious

With my awesome workmates who joined me as I was squealing with delight being surrounded with my favorite Sumikkos! It was such a dream come true and I was very grateful that I was in Japan during this period. 


If you have a chance to go to Japan during a themed cafe, you should definitely go! 
It's an experience that you will never forget - especially if it's for a limited time only!!

For more news and updates, check out the link below!

Have a great day!
xoxo,

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is sooooo cute! so sad it was just a temporary pop-up cafe.

    ReplyDelete