[Food x Travel] Animate x Card Captor Sakura Cafe @ Ikebukuro!!

by - 6/08/2016 02:44:00 PM

During my birthday looong weekend holiday, I got to pop by one of my favorite childhood anime's collaboration cafe with animate cafe! 

What anime is that? 
It's none other than...
CARD CAPTOR SAKURA!!!! (๑✧∀✧๑)

Read more as I share my experience at the cafe and how you can also go to the cafe as well!!!
There's also a mini-giveaway at the end ♪
Let's go!!
That's my beloved Samsung Note 4 Edge that's literally dying.
Seriously need to get a new phone soon (lll-ω-)





Here's what the interior of the cafe/the seating area looked like...
Say hi to my kareshi on the left! LOL
The entire interior was pretty simple but they decorated the walls with the main characters from Card Captor Sakura and I was sad that they didn't make Yue wear a cafe staff outfit (or Ruby Rose in a maid outfit *nosebleed*)...


Not complaining tooo much though. Since they had Yukito!
I was so tempted to ask how much Yukito's banner was LOL
*crazy*

CAUTION: THE NEXT FEW LINES INCLUDE INTENSE FAN-GIRLING 
(you've been warned)
Yue was like my childhood crush! I couldn't get over how he's a ' kuudere' and that white Long hair with piercing blue eyes...*nosebleed to the max* ALSO IT'S LIKE A HUGE GAP FROM HOW YUKITO'S LIKE!! ギャップ萌え~~
My love was so strong that his name was my email address back when I was using hotmail LOL (old)
OH AND WHEN HIS VOICE ACTRESS OGATA MEGUMI-SAN CAME TO SINGAPORE AND I GOT TO SAY HI TO HER AND SHE SAID HI TO ME AND NOTICED MY EXISTENCE IN THIS WORLD I WAS LITERALLY LIKE....
はにゃぁ~ん。



AAAANYWAYS!!! The decoration isn't like those other character themed cafes but the small details were great!

For example this is what our table looked like:
Each table has different cards!
I was hoping to get sleep since...that's like MY card LOL
They also give you this key when you enter to let the cashier people know which table you were sitting at. It also adds to the overall experience since, Sakura had her own key too!

Oh yes let's get to the main part of this cafe... THE FOOD!!! 
Here's a shameless selfie of me with the menu~
ご注文はさくらちゃんですかぁ~?w

Alright, wrong anime....HERE'S THE MENU!
They have a good range of savory and sweet dishes and the drinks menu was ADORABLE!! 
If you think that you only get a coaster from drinks, NOPE! You'll still get a coaster for EACH item you order. HOW COOL IS THAT!? 

I really wanted to try the curry rice but I was soooo full from lunch (my slot was in the afternoon) so I could only order a few drinks and the parfait! (T ^ T)

A quick flatlay with my drinks and coasters!



What drinks did I get? Well isn't it obvious?
First item on my list was Yukito's Moon Soda!
The menu said 'soda + blue syrup + crescent shaped chocolate + whipped cream + sliced almonds'

The whipped cream and the sliced almonds create a white bunny! Which is Yukito's name 雪兎!
It's kinda cool because Yukito is what you see while Yue is what we see, while Yue (月) is what is hidden deep below... 
#deep (or more like I'm making this entire thing up LOL)

Enjoying my first drink without destroying the whipped cream bunny.


Next is the cutest Kansai speaking fluffball...
Kero-chan's Hotto Orange Cocoa! 
They're being punny with this because 'Hotto' can mean 'hot' and 'relaxing/calming' 
This drink includes ' cocoa latte + orange marmalade + orange powder + cocoa powder + wing-shaped sugar cubes'. 

Happy with my Kero-chan!!!
At first my Kareshi was going to get this but the moment he saw 'orange' he was like 'ewwwww' but I thought it was quite nice! 

I tried drinking it without destroying his face and this was the result:
SUCCESS!!w

  
The last item on my list was...
 'Zettai, Daijyoubu dayo' Clow Card Parfait
This quote is a very popular quote that Sakura said throughout the manga/anime.
It mean's 'Everything will be ok'.
MY GOODNESS I'M SURE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT USED THIS QUOTE TO CHEER MYSELF UP DURING MY PRE-TEEN TIMES!!!

This parfait included 'soft serve ice cream (vanilla & strawberry) + mixed berries + shaved ice (ramune soda flavor) + stone shaped chocolates + almond + whipped cream + cotton candy + Clow Card shaped cookie' 

  I'm a crazy sweet tooth. To the point where my dentist told me that I should cut down my intake since it might cause some problems with my braces... (´・ω・`)





After filling my tummy and bladder up, I decided to explore the area!
Let's go through the merchandise area!!
They decorated the entire area with pink, lace, and sakura! 

The limited edition items that's only available at this cafe~
Let's go through all of them!
 
First are the acrylic and can badges!
There's a total of 6 designs and they're the same design for both the acrylic and can version!

Geez they displayed is so nice that it makes it's impossible to stop yourself from purchasing them. LOL
  

Next are the rubber straps!
1 set comes with two characters and there's a total of 3 sets available.
I didn't get the rubber straps because I decided to focus on the badges instead.


Super cute Card Captor Sakura plates!
Tea time will never be the same with these adorable plates!


These are a few of the coaster designs you might get when you order an item at the cafe!
AAAAH THE YUKITO X TOMOYA AND THE YUE X RUBY ROSE!!! *dies*

Besides the limited edition items, they sold other Card Captor Sakura related merchandise!
This is a pill case that's Sakura's magic circle. The red is Clow Reed's! 

For more details of the Limited Edition items, just check out this link here.




There's also a photo-taking area too!
I kinda wish I had the rod and an outfit to pretend like I'm summoning a card....
OR EVEN DO THE RELEASE POSE!!


There's even a Kero-chan corner where you can pose with him!!
I think my love for the Kansai dialect began with this fellow right here.
He's also a HUGE GLUTTON WHICH IS THE CUTEST THING IN THE WORLD!
For those of you who don't know this anime, Kero-chan is his nickname and his real name is Cerberus and his true form looks like this:

ADORABLE!

Selfie with Kerochan!! o(●´ω`●)oわくわく♪


I tried my luck with the can and acrylic badges and this was my luck...
What is wrong with my luck LOL SO MANY DUPLICATES!!!
I reaaaaaally wanted Kero-Chan too... orz
Still happy that I got 1 Yukito can badge! Thanks to the Kareshi who helped pick.....w





If you want to go to any of the animate cafes, you'll need to book a slot!
You can make a booking here
I was super lucky because the slots were ALL FULL till I checked a day before and there was a last minute cancellation and I got it!

The schedules of the cafe are the following:
Animate Cafe Sendai/Okayama: June 1 ~ July 29  (RIGHT NOW)
Animate Cafe Tenouji: August 1 ~ September 28
Animate Cafe Kyoto: September 1 ~ September 28
Animate Cafe Shop Ikebukuro/Shinjuku: October 1 ~ October 30

If you guys need any help with the booking, 
let me know and I'll be more than happy to help out! ☆




MINI GIVEAWAY
So as you can see from my haul, I got a few duplicates and since I can't sell them (as stated on the merchandise) and I'll be giving away these merchandise to 3 winners! 

How to Win:
1. Follow me on Instagram / Facebook / My Blog (triple chances if you follow all!)
2. Tell me which character you want to win! and why!

That's it! I'll choose the winner with the best answer since I don't want to give these babies to someone who won't appreciate them :p
Winner will be chosen on June 22!
Good Luck!





Thank you guys for reading and...レリース!!!

xoxo,

You May Also Like

0 comments