[Food x Event] VALENTINES DAY!!!!

by - 2/14/2013 12:00:00 AM

♡ Happy Valentines Day! 

Hope that everyone had a fabulous day today~
I thought I would just blog a bit about what Valentines Day is like in Japan and also what I did today!
(yes. single girls can still enjoy Valentines day! lol)

(´Д`)** 【LOVE】**(´Д`)

All the pics are from these iPhone apps! 
These apps have A LOT of chocolate recipes and I've used a few before!
Super recommend it!!!! 

(´Д`)** 【LOVE】**(´Д`)


本命チョコ ~ Honmei Choco~
Honmei Choco is the chocolate you give to your special someone.
(boyfriend, husband, the boy you like, etc.)
Usually this chocolate is really extravagant and super amazing looking...
as you can see in the pic above.

(´Д`)** 【LOVE】**(´Д`)


友チョコ ~Tomo Choco~
Tomo choco literally means 'friend chocolate'. 
So this is something you give to your friends.
These chocolates are usually simple to make and it's something you hand out to everyone!
So guys who don't get any 本命チョコ can still get a chocolate!!! o(●´ω`●)o

I personally think that the 友チョコ is the cutest!!! 
Don't you??

(´Д`)** 【LOVE】**(´Д`)

If your boyfriend/hubby is far from being a sweet tooth...
HAVE NO FEAR!!!
These dishes all use a bit of chocolate in the recipe so...
it's technically still a chocolate dish?

(´Д`)** 【LOVE】**(´Д`)


So what was I up to today?
WELL!
I was super busy making chocolate!!!
Unfortunately I was limited in terms of ingredients and tools but...
turned out yums so I'll be sharing it to you guys! 
ヽ(●´3`)ノ゛

Ingredients!
cocoa powder, white sugar (the powderyish ones), chocolate of your choice, biscuits, cream,
and unsalted butter!

So I chose this 'Pie no Mi' because it has a bit of chocolate inside and it has this really crispy texture!
Also all you just have to do is start crushing the life of the package and then...
THE BOTTOM LAYER IS COMPLETE!

Then melt some butter and mix mix mix...
After that's done just spread it into a flat container.

CHOP CHOP THE CHOCOLATE!!
DONE!

Warm up the cream~
Make sure you don't heat it till it boils!!!

Add to the previously well chopped chocolate!
*mix mix mix*

My secret ingredient?
HELLOOOO!!! WHISKEY!
If not you can use any other alcohol of your choice~
I've tried melon liqueur before and that was quite nice too!!
(1/2 Tsp is enough but... I think that you should just add as much as you like LOL)

After you finish mixing the chocolate just pour it into the flat container with the biscuit layer!
Then just let it chill for an hour or so~
Then you're done!!!!!!

BUT WAIT!!! 
Don't forget the final touch~
If you have a heart shaped cookie cutter that's awesomeness!
If not just cut heart out of paper and...

Place it on top of the chocolate!

*grabs the cocoa powder & powder sugar*
*shakes like mad*

Then you're done!!!!




Wondering who I gave my choco this year to?
A very special man in my life.
My papa LOL

[UPDATED]

This came to my doorsteps!
It was such a cute surprise 
>_<


(´Д`)** 【LOVE】**(´Д`)

What did you do today?
Did you give/receive a choco? 

xoxo,
Kiyoko


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. These are really nice! I am thinking of doing something like this for our couple friends in one of the cutest little event space San Francisco has. I am really excited because this will be the very first time we’re doing something like this. Hopefully, it’ll be a blast!

    ReplyDelete