[Health x Wellness Wednesday x Review x Sponsored] My first ever detox experience with Expressions Singapore!

by - 2/24/2016 11:07:00 PM

[Disclaimer]
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A SHORTCUT TO LOSE WEIGHT OR A 'DIET', DON'T BOTHER READING THIS POST!!  I'm serious.
There's no such thing as a 'shortcut' to lose weight. 


So I wanted to start this 'Wellness Wednesday' post since one of my goals this year is to take better care of my body. I mean...'new year, new me' right? 
There's a few things I've already started to do that's improved my health and I wanted to share a few of them with y'all!! The first thing I want to share is... DETOX!
I start this detox program thanks to Expressions Singapore 



Expressions Singapore?

The pioneer in the industry and introduced the concept of "Total Wellness". 
Expressions Singapore believes that looking and feeling good is a result from being healthy and fit. 

Expressions provides only the best products, programs, and services to their customers.
Their philosophy embraces a holistic and natural approach to achieve a better inner and outer well-being. 



WHAT IS DETOX?
So 'Detox', or 'detoxification' is a process to toxins from the body...think of it like a reset button! There are many ways to detox you bodies like plain water, fruit infused water, tea, smoothies, juices, and supplements. It's different from fasting because when you fast, you don't even drink during the day and only eat/drink at dawn/dusk. 


WHY DETOX?
Well if your body is constantly exposed to toxins and from what you eat or do with your body.
Detox is recommended if you have the following symptoms:

Allergies, headaches, digestive irregularity, body odor/excessive perspiration, bad skin, dependency on sugar/caffeine/alcohol/drugs, lack of energy, and constipation. 

What made me want to take up this detox program was because I've always been constipated since i was young. I thought that people who pooped everyday were ill or suffered from diarrhea. Little did I know that I was the odd one out. LOL
Besides that I have a bad case of excessive perspiration, dependency on caffeine (COFFEEEE), and ever since I started working...I've been lacking in energy.   


ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
Some side effects can be headaches or nauseousness. This is because the herbs are drawing the toxins, waste, ad congestion from the body. Depending on how much toxin your body has accumulated, symptoms may vary.  


HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU DETOX?
It really depends on your body but it's probably good to do it once or twice a year.
After my detox program, I realized how important it is to LISTEN to your body.

Your body will always give you a hint to let you know something is wrong before a HUGE problem happens. For example, now I can feel pre-cold/flu symptoms 2-3 days before it comes so I take all the necessary precautions (Vitamin C, keep warm, get good rest, keep hydrated, MASK UP, etc) to avoid getting ill! Just like this your body will show signs that a body reset is required! Don't just do a detox every month or week because you want to lose weight, that's not what you're body's asking for...it's what YOU want. Detoxing is harmless but the moment you over-do it, you'll end up doing more damage to your body and that's not worth it.


I was super excited to kickstart my detox program with Expression Singapore and when I was asked to drop by one of their branches, I decided to go to their Upper Thomson branch!
This branch is pretty close to my office so I was able to drop by during lunch time~!
Waiting for my appointment るんるん(^^♪



So first thing we did was... to get all the measurements done!
This machine's able to measure your weight, BMI, body fat %, muscle %, VFA, recommended calorie intake and body age. 


So after taking all the measurements, Eline went through the information with me since... I didn't know what was considered 'healthy'. 
Looking at my BMI (22) and weight (56.3kg)...I'm considered normal
Don't get too caught up with your weight because there's so many factors that can add up to your weight! Examples are...
1. you ate something before weighing yourself
2. you didn't shit out your previous meal so your food is still inside you
3. water weight
4. your clothes 
5. you have a higher muscle % than fat (muscle weighs more than fat!)

Body Fat: 35.2% 
I was told that for people in the age group of 20 ~ 40 years old, the healthy fat percentage is 21 ~ 33%... so that means I have a bit more fats than I should. No biggie though! 

My biggest shock? 
My Body Age is 27!!! 2 years older than my actual age doesn't sound too great.( ;∀;)


After my first consultation, I was provided with the Expressions 3Day-Detox Health Kit
The kit includes...
1 bottle of Wheat Bran & Psyllium (90 capsules)
1 bottle of Formula C (90 capsules)
1 bottle of Formula D (90 capsules)
1 bottle of Maple Syrup 

Wheat Bran & Psyllium - a superior fiber that speeds up the body's food processing time while providing the body with all the important nutrients. It helps to lower cholesterol level and cleanse the bowel system. Good bowel health = your body's able to remove the toxins from your body. These capsules provide you with the fibre you need, reduces appetite in a natural/healthier approach. 

Wheat Bran - helps for constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, and digestive problems.

Psyllium - is a top herb that's used in weight CONTROL and for general intestinal health. It's able to naturally curve the appetite, improve digestion, and cleanse the system with the spongy fiber it contains. This can also provide the fiber that you'd lack in a low carbohydrate diet. In 100g of Phylium it provides 71g of soluble fiber, while 100g of oat bran will only provide 5g of soluble fiber. Soluble fiber has been said to have a unique effect on metabolism. 

Formula C - A combination of 10 herbs that contains a bowel tonic and rebuilding formula to help improve intestinal absorption of vital nutrients. It also helps to decrease the absorption of toxins at the same time. 

Formula D - Includes 11 different herbs that helps to remove the toxins from your liver and kidneys.

Maple Syrup - You will be using this to create the lemon juice mixture!




HOW TO PREPARE 
THE LEMON JUICE MIXTURE

It's actually very simple. 
You can use a pen to divide the bottle into 1/3's. It can be an estimate and you don't NEED to put in exactly 1/3 of the maple syrup. I didn't use it entirely because I didn't want it to be too sweet.

Pour the maple syrup into the lemon (4 cut & squeezed lemons) / distilled water (1.5L) mixture and...
You're done!
You can drink this whenever you feel hungry or every hour!
This shouldn't replace your water, it's something you drink in addition to your regular intake of water.


Day 1
In the morning I took the supplements. I'm not really used to the big capsules so I had to take 2 at a time. I was surprised how full one can get from just supplements. *shock*Σ(・ω・ノ)ノ!



I drank the lemon juice mixture throughout the day and it tasted quite nice!
Everyone at work was asking if I was going to be ok because...
EVERYONE KNOWS I LOVE TO EAAAAT!!!!
To be honest it wasn't that bad... it definitely helped staying at my desk during lunch time and tried to avoid the smell and sight of yummy food/temptation. 
Ended my day with an influencer event! Went to see the amazing TAO drum performance with the girlies and we fangirl-ed to the max!! I did feel sliiightly hungry (for food, not for men LOL) during the performance but the performance ended close to 10:30pm so I just went home, drank the capsules and went to sleep! 


Day 2
This was probably the hardest day for me.
I had no problem during the morning, took the supplements as usual but during the afternoon... I started to get a headache - which means the body is getting rid of the toxins in my body!
I realized how much toxin was in my body because the headache got preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty bad. I started to reflect on what kinda crap I've made my body go through to suffer so much.
 Even though the headache should subside after drinking more water, it didn't really help so I decided to nibble on 1 piece of dark chocolate (85% cacao..mmmm~♡). To my surprise it helped get rid of the headache and I was able to continue on with my day! 


Day 3
Yay for the weekend!!! I usually try to relax and recharge myself to prepare for the work week.
This marked my final day of the detox program and I didn't have any headaches like Day 2 AND I didn't have any crazy food cravings. 
At night I went to the Aoi Eir concert and I didn't feel weak or dizzy at all!
You'd think that not eating will tire you out or make you weak but thanks to the supplements and the lemon juice mixture...I was waving these two light sticks like no tomorrow. LOL





THE RESULTS
I'm sure this is what everyone wants to know... did any change happen after the 3 day detox program?
There was quite a bit of change!
My weight dropped by 2.2kg probably because my stomach got a complete cleanse and was empty and I was able to poop on the first 2 days!!! LOL Sorry.... TMI but it's something I need to let you guys know. The third day nothing came out since... I think it was a sign that my tummy was empty.
But LOOK! My body fat % dropped by 2% and body age became 3 years younger!!!!
I think the Aoi Eir concert helped my muscle % go up 0.5% LOL

I was really surprised with the results! I didn't really think that I would see such a significant difference but I was proven wrong! During the detox program I also started to appreciate food to a whole new level and the moment I got back to eating...I started to chew and savor my food more! I have a very bad habit of swallowing my food so...this detox didn't just benefit my health but taught me a few important lessons!

BUT THERE'S ONE THING I NEED TO REMIND EVERYONE ONCE AGAIN


DON'T JUST RELY ON DETOX

Yes my weight dropped but DUH my stomach is empty! If I didn't eat anything and pooped  everything out...SOMETHING WOULD BE TERRIBLY WRONG IF I DIDN'T LOSE WEIGHT!
You'll also lose water weight because you won't be taking up on any sodium/salt but the moment you go back to your regular eating habit/lifestyle...you'll probably gain back what you lost. 
That's why it's important to adopt a healthy lifestyle that suits you. Listen to your body more and you'll know what you NEED to eat instead of what you WANT to eat. 
↑ I should listen to what I say since I'm in love with fried chicken and ice cream. LOL 

Expressions Singapore isn't selling a one time, permanent solution.
Expressions Singapore is fully aware that weight-loss can be achieved with hard work, exercise, and a healthy diet. They aim to motivate you and to help reduce the pain and frustration that you may come across while you're trying your best to become a healthier, confident version of yourself.





SPECIAL PROMOTION FOR MY READERS

Want to try detoxing or another product from Expressions Singapore?
Then here's a special 15% discount especially for my readers!
Here the discount code: GIVEME15
Then you just need to include my name in the comment page when you make a purchase and that's it!





For more information or updates from Expressions Singapore, check out the following links:


Addresses:
Expressions @ Orchard
121 Penang Road
#01-02 Regency House
Singapore 238464
Tel: 6735 7586

Expressions @ Thomson
200 Upper Thomson Road
#01-09 Sin Ming Plaza
Singapore 574424
Tel: 6358 1555




If you have any tips or would like to share your detox experiences, please share it in the comment section below(^^♪
Have a great day!

xoxo,

You May Also Like

0 comments