[Facial x Beauty x Sponsored] Skin Shape Club's Skin Shaper Facial Program Review

by - 5/26/2015 01:19:00 AM

I'm so excited to share my facial experience at Skin Shape Club!!
Thank you Skin Shape Club & The Sample Store for this wonderful opportunity~!



About Skin Shape Club

"Spot-On Skincare & Slimming Designed By Dermal Experts. Made Better With Medi-Technology"

Regular gentle treatments can better upkeep and improve your skin and body health. It's important to stay in good shape because it reflects your personal grooming and self-confidence.

Understanding the importance, Skin Shape Club is a boutique wellness club that allows its members to learn more about beauty & wellness and conveniently receive clinically-proven skin and slimming treatments that helps you maintain your skin and body's health.
The Research & Development team at Skin Shape Club works together with doctors and dermal experts from Singapore and overseas to design treatments and programs which can be done daily, weekly, and monthly.
Treatment duration are from 30 minutes to 1 hour. It's great for people who have a tight schedule and needs a quick pick me up during their busy schedule. The professionally trained aestheticians will provide optimal care during the treatment.

With Skin Shape Club, Staying in Shape Everyday is Possible!!




About the Treatment
The Skin Shaper Facial targets dull skin, pigmentation, acne, wrinkles, and enlarged pores pretty much... EVERYTHING I NEED TO FIX ON MY FACE!! I was super excited because from mid-April till now I've been getting these random breakouts on my jaw area and I was struggling to make it go away.

The Skin Shaper Plus Facial uses LHE Technology (Light & Heat energy) to effectively reach deep into the skin to treat pigmentation, acne, wrinkles, and enlarged pores.

What's great about this treatment is...
No Downtime - it's a non-invasive, non-abrasive treatment
Gentle Treatment -advanced technology keeps you cool & comfortable
Discreet - with no intensive side-effects, no one will know!
Fast Treatment - only 30 minutes! Great if you're working around town & have time during your lunch break!

Here's a diagram that illustrates the process:

How Is LHE Different?
I'm sure that everyone's heard of IPL, which is a light based therapy that uses a lower energy fluency of both heat & light in one instance.
Your skin gets burnt at 30j/cm2.
IPL typically operates from 30-50 j/cm2, which is why you need to apply a cooling gel.
LHE operates from 4-25j/cm2, so it's a safer option!
However, commitment is needed to complete the treatments which usually ranges from 6 ~ 12 sessions. LHE can be performed once every 3 ~ 7 days and it's suitable for both eye and back area. 

Who Is Suitable?
Skin Shaper Facial is a gentle yet result-oriented treatment that incorporates FDA-approved LHE technology into its treatment procedure. It's suitable for most skin types & skin tone; however, clients with dark skin will have to be consulted before proceeding with the treatment so that the treatment can be adjusted according to your skin conditions/tone for safe and best results. 

What May Be Expected
- slight redness & warmth
- transient pigment changes - lightening/darkening for 1-2 weeks (less common)
- dryness of skin surface which will go away in 2 days'


Now that you know what the facial is like, let me take you through my experience at the treatment process!
I was brought to this room where I was asked to fill in a form like other facial places.


*fills in the form*

Then Audrey explained the treatment to me and the before/after photos of some clients!



Before the treatment and while I was signing up the forms on my first treatment, I was given different drinks! I think that's nice because the other facial places will only have one type of drink - at Skin Shaper Club you can get a wide range of drinks to choose from!
The first drink I got was the orange infused water, cold tea, hot ginger tea, & hot apple green tea.


After I finished filling up the forms, I was brought to the treatment room.
I was brought to the bed - FYI it's super comfy.
The bed his heated so you won't freeze your butt off in the air-con room. The aesthetician will ask if its too hot and if it is, they'll probably turn it off but it felt just nice for me.

Once you enter the room, you'll change into this towel-dress-thingy.

Oh yes! At the entrance you'll change to these slippers.
Hello feet~

The locker! It comes with a key too~



1 - double cleansing!
This process is all about removing any makeup, sebum, or dirt that's on your face to prepare your skin for the facial. When Jasmine started applying the cleanser, I noticed that it smelled super nice! When I commented on the smell, she told me that the in house products that they use is organic with lotsa fruit extracts! No wonder it smelled super nice~!!



2 - Extraction
This step is optional but it's extracting pimples!

Jasmine & Audrey were both really skillful at extracting my annoying pimples. It didn't hurt at all!


3 - LHE Treatment
Finally the step that you've been waiting for... laser time! pew pew!!!
The LHE applicator is then placed onto your skin (incuding your eye area) where pulses of light will be administered. You will feel a warm sensation as the gentle pulses of light & heat energy penetrates deep into your skin.

The procedure will start from the cheek area, the eye area, and finish off with 10 consecutive shots!
You might smell something burning but don't worry! The laser doesn't burn off the hair.

After the LHE procedure, your skin will be ready to fully absorb the skincare serum! Which is the step after this.


4 - Mask Time
After applying the serum it's mask time!

ぺたぺた

The aesthetician  will choose a mask based on your skin concerns. For my case I got a mask that combats oily skin & opened pores.

The aesthetician (for my case Audrey or Jasmine) would ask if you want to apply the eye mask, then they'll dim the lights for you so that you can have your relaxation time! If not they'll leave the lights on for you and you can play with your phone and relax!



After removing the mask, the aesthetician will apply moisturizer & sunblock to help protect your skin! I also had a detox & clear acne cream applied for the pesky breakouts.
Then it ends with a head massage! I look forward to it every time because IT FEELS SO NICE~

I was advised to avoid sun exposure, oil/alcohol based skincare products 48 hours after the treatment. Also to apply a hydrating cream or lotion because your skin will feel a little bit dry after the treatment.


During my final treatment, Audrey gave me the needle that she used for the extraction!
I was super impressed because when Jasmine and Audrey helped extract my oh so unglam pimples, it never turned into a scar! So now that I have their secret weapon, I won't suffer from acne scars/dark spots. 




What makes the Skin Shaper Club different from other facial places is...
THE LOUNGE!!
Ok, to be honest I'm not sure if other facials offer a lounge too but so far from all the other places I've been to, I'VE NEVER SEEN A LOUNGE THIS NICE!! There's a cozy corner to sit and a pantry where you can grab a drink! (complimentary if you were wondering - LOL)









They also have free wi-fi that the members can use and the lounge can be used even if you don't have a treatment appointment! You can just drop by whenever you want to chill there and have a drink!


If the lounge isn't a wow factor for you, how about this?
A healthy light snack is provided after your facial session!!! 
At first I was just like *look left, look right* Is this for me? Instead of asking I just decided to nomnomnom away and luckily it was for me LOL.

Being a foodie... I've included the 4 light meals I had!
During my first treatment my meal included porridge & apples with veggie/fruit juice.
I had a light meal before leaving work, I wasn't able to finish it
(also I'm not a huge fan of porridge unless I'm sick).

My second meal was California roll with yogurt w/ muesli!

During my third treatment Jasmine was saying how she heard from Audrey that I didn't finish the porridge last time so she gave me a smaller bowl and a nice chuck of chicken (MEAAAAT!!!) which helped me gobble it all up.

For my final treatment, my session was in the morning so Audrey prepared a nice bowl of oatmeal!





Before/After
Here's a... not-so-pretty before image
(o__________o);;

Then here's my skin after 4 sessions!




Besides the extracted ugly pimples, my skintone has gotten lighter, my pores are slightly less obvious, and my skin looks like it's glowing!! 

大満足です♪




My Thoughts

I'm super impressed with the service and the results that I saw after finishing my 4 sessions. I started receiving compliments from my workmates that my skin looked like it was glowing!! I've NEVER had anyone comment like that before so I was SO SO SOOOO happy!!!

I slowly started to see my acne get better and I felt super confident about my skin and myself! The service and the aestheticians  (both Jasmine & Audrey) were super friendly and skilled. I'm more of an introvert and it was my first time I had a pleasant chat with an aesthetician during the whole treatment! Every now and then they would ask if everything was ok, if it felt painful or uncomfortable, complimented my eye brow embroidery, and gave me skincare tips!

I'm sure it's very obvious how much I love the lounge and the light meals. LOL
I also didn't get any of the side effects that were stated and I saw immediate results even after the first treatment!! My face felt brighter, refreshed and I had less breakouts after each session!!!
I also think that my pores became less obvious than before! As for wrinkles... I'm not too sure how effective it was because I currently don't have any obvious fine lines (yet).

I also thought the envelope with my name written on it was a super sweet and personal touch to the whole experience! I also got a body analysis (even though this was a face treatment) and I got to know more about my body!!



The Skin Shaper Facial is priced @ $120 for 30 min (packages available)
New customers can enjoy 4 sessions @ $96 ($24/session)
If you have an hour to spare, you should definitely upgrade to the Skin Shaper Plus Facial where you get an exfoliation to remove dead skin cells & serum-infused facial massage to boost skincare penetration and treatment results. 
The Skin Shaper Plus Facial is priced @ $160 for 60 mins.
New customers can enjoy 4 sessions @ $128 ($32/session)



I'm definitely signing up for a membership (probably for the facial - I'll try out the body treatment another time) even after this 4 sessions!





Here's a few tips at a Facial! 
- DON'T BE SCARED TO TELL THE AESTHETICIAN ABOUT YOUR SKIN CONCERN(S)
The aestheticians are there to help you and if you let them know what your concerns are beforehand, they can tailor the facial treatment to your needs and focus more on the problem areas. For example, when I said that I really hated my enlarged pores, Jasmine chose a mask that targets opened pores! 

- SPEAK UP
If you feel uncomfortable, painful, or strange - tell the aestheticians! Especially if it's a burning or stinging feeling, because it could be your skin reacting to the product being used. Also this was my first time too but having a chat with the aesthetician is a great way to enjoy your facial, unless you want to catch up on some ZZZZ time.

- AVOID WEARING MAKEUP
This is hard especially if you're going to get your facial right after work, but if you can book a morning appointment, going with your bare face is great! I personally like to go with no makeup because it cuts down on the double cleansing time and the aesthetician will be able to see what my skin is like at its natural state.





Outlet Info:

#03-13/14 Orchard Central (nearest MRT - Somerset)
Tel: 6589 8331
[Skin Shape Club Website]
[Skin Shape Club Facebook]



Hope everyone has a great week ahead!

xoxo,

You May Also Like

0 comments