[Sponsored x Beauty] Palmer's White & Even Series Review - Say hello to great skin!

by - 7/01/2015 11:31:00 PM

It's July! Oh wow...2015 is flying by so quickly! 
I've been super busy trying to balance studying for the N2 (JlPT), work, and blogging but I've got a lot of fun posts coming up! Here's the first post about the newest skincare range from Palmer's!

A huge thank you to Palmer's & the Sample Store!





About Palmer's
Palmer's has been in the market for more than 170 years and has becoming a staple in all households all over the world with their #1 Cocoa Butter Formula. Palmer's is committed to creating affordable but effective products for every skincare need - hand, body, hair, and face.
Palmer's has recently released their new range called the White & Even Series.





About the White & Even Series


Combat the #1 Sign of Ageing

Do you know what is the #1 sign of ageing? You might think it's wrinkles or saggy skin but it's actually discoloration, or hyperpigmentation! Hyperpigmentation can occur with any person of any ethnicity and age and it comes in many forms like...

 age spots
freckles
melasma
mask of pregnancy
and sun spots 

that can be found on your face, lips, hands, neck, and/or shoulders.


You can guess the most common cause of hyperpigmentation...
UV exposure
UV exposure can get worse as you age and other causes could be acne scarring, severe dry skin, hormonal changes from pregnancy, birth control pills, or hormone replacement therapy. 

 Using topical creams to inhibit the overproduction of melanin, which is produced when the skin is overexposed to the sun. This is exactly what Palmer's new White & Even range aims to do! 




About the Products
White & Even Dark Spot Corrector
(S$29.90) 

Songyi Mushroom, a Japanese mushroom extract known for its pigment-perfecting properties.
Works synergistically to visibly improve discoloration with regular use. 

Here's a short intro video of the product!

As mentioned in the video, by using this product daily the products claims to achieve the following:
-  Lightens surface skin cells producing more uniform skin within 3-5 days
-  Inhibits over-production of melanin
-  Helps reduce the appearance of dark spots, age spots, post-acne scars, sun damage, and discoloration
-  Evens skin tone in 4-6 weeks
(depending on age, health, and sun exposure)

How To Apply
Apply to clean, dry skin 1-2 times daily where spots or discoloration appears
Use it as a spot treatment or for the entire face and neck. 


White & Even Dark Circle Correcting Eye Treatment
(S$22.90)
The Cool Touch Applicator delivers the triple blend of Caffeine that energizes and stimulates micro-circulation with a fuss-free on-the-go application.

The Sheer luminizing Veil brightens the skin to improve the appearance of dark circles, under eye shadows, and puffiness

By using this product daily the products claims to achieve the following:
-  Targets Dark Circles & Shadows
-  Brightens Under Eyes
-  Firms & Lifts
-  Reduces Puffiness

How To Apply
Apply the metal applicator tip under the eye from the inner corner to the outer corner 1-2 times
Use the pinky finger to gently tap to blend and smooth the excess treatment. 


PLEASE NOTE
This product will not act as your sunblock! No matter what 
YOU NEED TO PUT ON YOUR SUNBLOCK!
Sun exposure (without sunblock) will work against the Even & Tone products so help protect your skin during the day by applying sun block.
Since this product inhibits the production of melanin, discontinued use of the Even & Tone series will lead to the production of melanin again (make  sense, right?).





Ingredients
The Tone Enhancing Complex from Palmer's NEW Eventone 'Tone Perfecting Range'

Synovena: a whitening & tone enhancing complex that lightens age spots.
Synovena is almost as effective as Hydroquinone, which is a skin-bleaching ingredient that supposedly acts as a carcinogen (cancer-causing chemical) from studies with rodents. In addition, it's linked to ochronosis (causes skin to become dark AND thick) cases in South Africa, Britain, and the US. Although some studies reported that those who used hydroquinone-containing cosmetics had an abnormal adrenal glands function and high level of mercury, it got banned in countries like Africa, Japan, Australia, the EU, and South Africa.



 Palmer's White & Even Dark Spot Corrector & Dark Circle Correcting Eye Treatment is...

Safe for ALL skin types - Dermatologist Tested - Ophthalmologist Tested

Harsh Dyes Free – Paraben-Free – Phthalate-Free – Sulphates Free – Synthetics Dyes Free
 – Fragrances Free






BEFORE
I'm not sure if my skin is in sync with my sponsors but just before I was offered to try out the Palmer's White & Even Range, I started to break out LIKE MAD on my chin area. Most of the acne settled down and didn't leave any marks EXCEPT ONE! Right below my lips. *shakes fist*

My overall skin has improved over the past few months but I do have traces of acne scars/redness because when I was a kid... I was clueless on how to take care of my face. Sometimes I wish there was a time machine so I could slap my 10 year old self. LOL 



My eyes? Luckily I don't really have any eyebags or dark circles but when 





AFTER
Did my surface skin cells produce more uniform skin within 3-5 days like the package said?
(Sorry for the different lighting! T_T The before photo was with the natural morning sunlight and the after was with my super bright room lamp)

But you can see how the acne mark below my lips have gotten lighter! I was surprised because after the 2nd day I started to see a difference with the acne scar and I was really impressed! At first I used it on my entire face and applied a bit more on the areas that I was concerned about, but I realized that it's making the redness on my cheeks stand out more because it still has a loooooooong way to go before it's the same tone as the other parts of my face.

For my eyes, there's not much of a difference because I don't really have dark eye circles. What I love the Cool Touch Applicator for the eye treatment because it feels like a mini spa session for my under eye area! It's great after a long day at the office (or school) and you want to just give your tired out eyes a well-deserved rest.

Looking forward to the results after 4-6 weeks!




As for the Dark Spot Corrector,

I recommend Palmer's White & Even Skincare range for anyone who's troubled with pigmentation, dark spots, acne scars, or uneven skin tone. It's wallet-friendly and gets the job done!
Just remember that the skincare alone won't change your skin if you don't take care of it properly! Don't forget your sunblock even if it's a cloudy or rainy day! Avoid basking under the sun if you know you tan easily like me.


The Palmer's White & Even Series is available at...

Watsons, Guardian, Robinsons, John Little, BHG, Essentials Pharmacy, Nishino Pharmacy and other leading pharmaceutic, departmental and cosmetic stores! 





To find out more about Palmer's check out their




xoxo,

You May Also Like

4 comments