Dr. Althea Aurora Cover Cushion SPF50+/PA+++ (23) Review

by - 6/30/2017 11:15:00 AM

Hey y'all! TGIF!!!!!
Recently I had the opportunity to try out a few product from Dr.Althea and I'll be reviewing a few of their products for the next few weeks as I try them out.
To start off, I'll be talking about their new cushion foundation - 
the Dr. Althea Aurora Cover Cushion SPF50+/PA+++!


This is a 5-in-1 product where you get an...
Essence + Sunscreen (SPF50+/PA+++) + Primer + Foundation + Concealer. 

Since it's a concealer too - it helps to clear out the skin's imperfections for smooth/clear skin.
Also it's supposedly long-lasting!


This cushion foundation also include skincare ingredients too!
Here are the amazing ingredients it includes:

Camellia Extract: can effectively adjust the water and oil balance of the skin
Purslane Extract: Can stabilize and relieve the sensitive skin
Sakura Extract: Brighten the complexion to make the skin moisturized and bouncy
Chamomile Extract: Control sebum secretion and lock in the skin's moisture


So there's 2 shades for this product: 13/21/23
I got 23 since...I'm not fair T_T


Here's the ingredient list!
Thank GOODNESS this is in English!


Did I mention that the product includes a refill?!
The packaging of the refill is so damn pretty too!


I can't read Korean but supposedly this Aurora Sponge is different from regular sponges!
Aesthetically? - yes, it is very pretty and different from other brands HAHAHA!


So let's try this baby out!


Pressing the sponge to get the product and...


Oh WOW
This was from one push and I didn't really press THAT hard.
Now I'm hoping that I don't look cakey... *fingers crossed*


Gonna test it on my hand first since I was curious to see if this foundation will make me look the following:

1. ashy undertone
2. too white (like a ghostly, unnatural white)
3. too dewy that I want to bathe in translucent powder


*pat pat pat*


"Oh?!" was literally my first reaction.
Yes, the coverage is medium ~ more on the high side but it didn't make my skin ashy-looking!!!!
It's not super dewy but more like a...semi-matte?


Left: without the cushion            Right: with the cushion
The veins on my hands are less visible and you can see the dewy-ness on the right hand!
I just love how my right hand still looks like a human hand and the undertone is natural even though I'm using a cushion foundation.


Decided to try this baby out on my face!
*pat pat pat pat*


Here's a before/after of a random mark I got when I was a kid.
I think it's a scar I got when I tried to shave my face like my dad when I was...5years old.


The coverage is definitely on the medium/high side but it doesn't feel heavy on the skin.
I think the sponge also helps to apply the foundation without making it look heavy or streaky.
It almost gives you that flawless look, right???
   

*applies blush, eyeliner, eyeshadow, and lip tint*

Tried to do the natural-looking Korean makeup look!
So I tried putting this foundation to the test for an entire day - but I applied a translucent powder since I'm more of a matte makeup lover (lol).
To my surprise, I didn't need to touch up my makeup (even though I tend to get oily on my nose area) and MAYBE it's the help of my translucent powder but I was also happy that the foundation didn't end up coming up and making my pores visible throughout the day.
YES CUSHION FOUNDATION TENDS TO DO THAT FOR MY FACE!
Even though I apply a pore covering base/primer and my face looks flawless in the morning...
my face looks like complete and utter crap by the end of the day because the foundation starts to almost 'lift off' my face and enhances my pores. (ew)
To my surprise, this cushion foundation didn't do that and if you guys also experience something similar to me when using a cushion foundation - definitely check this one out and what I used as a primer/translucent powder is the following: Benefit Porefessional Primer + Shiseido Maquillage Snow Beauty III.


If you want to purchase this product, it is available here on the Dr.Althea online store.


For more information or to see all the other awesome products from Dr. Althea,
check out the links below:

xoxo,

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi do you happened to know if it is non comedogenic? Thanks for reviewing this cushion. Saw this on beauty bible & it was raved by 1 of the hosts.

    ReplyDelete