[Food x Travel] Sumikko Gurashi x Tower Record Cafe @ Omotesando

by - 6/23/2017 05:58:00 PM

Recently I went to Japan for a few days and I had the chance to drop by the Sumikko Gurashi x Tower Record Cafe!! Remember my previous experience at the Sumikko Kissaten (Cafe)? 
If not, you can check it out here.


So during my previous experience, it was an online reservation system.
This time, you had to go outside of the building and queue up to get a ticket.
This ticket will tell you what time you will be able to go into the cafe.
I thought it was pretty cool but the only thing was... I went to get the ticket at 11AM and my ticket was for 6 ~ 7PM
It wasn't much of an issue since I was alone and I just explored around Harajuku/Omotesando to kill time and it was time for me to enter the cafe!


I was quite surprised to see A LOT of kids with their mums at the cafe.
It was funny to see all of them look at me when I started taking out all my personal plushies that I brought from Singapore and bought at Tower Record.


One problem eating alone is...that the things you can order will be limited. *cries*
I prioritized getting anything related to my favorite character 'Penguin(?)'.


ぺんぎん?のグリーンアップルドリンク
First was the Penguin? Green Apple Drink.
It's a drink with soda + green apple concentrate + apple ice cream + mint
Oh and the super cute penguin(?) cracker that was placed on top of the drink!


ぺんぎん?のロコモコおにぎり
My meal was the Penguin? Loco Moco Riceball.
The riceball had penguin's face on it and there was hamburg with egg on top! 
The small details were pretty cute but...penguin(?)'s face didn't really look that cute.


This is what it looks like when I'm arranging my food and toys on the table.
Using my trusty Casio EX-FR100!


おばけの森のごちそうパンケーキ
For dessert I got the Obake Forest Pancake!
Oh wow by the time dessert came along, I was STUFFED!!!
BUT WHO CAN SAY NO TO DESSERT!!!
The berries were frozen so if you have sensitive teeth - maybe it's better to order something else?
The pancake was thick and very filling.


すみっコラテ(ぺんぎん?)
If I'm having dessert, I need coffee.
So I had to have my  Sumikko Latte (Penguin?)!!


So what was my experience and review of this cafe?
I mean as long as there's Sumikko-anything, I am a very happy girl.
I honestly preferred the food from the Sumikko Kissaten but themed cafes aren't always known to have the best tasting food ever.
Nonetheless I really enjoyed the environment and being around fellow Sumikko Gurashi lovers.
I had a good chat with a few of the mommies and kids when they wanted to know about where to buy the merch and what my favorite character is.

...

For the entire menu, click here
Sumikko x Tower Record Cafe merchandise click here.


For more news and updates, check out the link below!

Have a great day!
xoxo,

You May Also Like

0 comments