[Food] Baumkuchen!!!!

by - 8/16/2012 07:40:00 PM

Sorry for not blogging in ages!!!
Thank you for all the views though while I was MIA!!
BUT I AM BACK!
I'll be blogging about something sweet 
;)

Recently my dad received a gift from Japan!

So happy!!
*happy dance*

Wanna see what it is??
Nenrinya's BAUMKUCHEN!!!


...


For those of you who don't know what a 'Baumkuchen' is...

It is a traditional European (duh... I mean look at the name!) layered cake!
It means 'log/tree cake'! 

But in Japan we pronouce it as...   
バウムクーヘン  (Ba-muku-hen)
JAPANGLISH!
*thumbs up*
This is how I pronouce it too...
I guess some part of me is still quite Japanese? lol

For SEA-ians (South East Asians) especially Singaporeans, Malaysians, and Indoneians...
it's like the European/Japanese version of the yummy Kue Lapis!!

OH OH OH ALSO!!!!

Did you know some Japanese people use this as a wedding cake cuz it looks like a ring?
(n'awww... how cute!) 


...


Alright that's enough with the introduction...
LETS GET TO THE YUMMY PART!
The pamphlet of the cake!


The one that I got was...
The straight Baumkuchen!


*opens box*
HELLO YOU YUMMY DELICIOUS CAKE!!!


*takes it out of the packaging*
Sho pretty~!!!
( *-* )



*cuts*



 
MIIIINE!!!

NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Gosh it was so yummy~
This was one of my fav cakes (besides strawberry shortcake)
when I was a kid in Japan!!!

It's not TOOOOO sweet
it's kinda tastes like pound cake...
and soft-ish (but ofc not as soft like sponge cake)
but it's just fun to peel the layers off 
(It's easier to do it with a Kue Lapis LOL)
Sorry I couldn't share it with you guys 
>_____<


...

If you want Nenrinya's Baumkuchen...
they only have it in Japan.
T_T

BUT If you're in Singapore...
There's a store in Takashimaya!!!!
It's called JUCHHEIM!
It's located outside Cold Storage where there's a bunch of nomnom places!


...

Have you tried Baumkuchen?


xoxo,
Kiyoko

You May Also Like

0 comments