[Food x Review] Basilico - Italian Buffet Restaurant

by - 1/13/2013 03:38:00 AM

Say HELLO to my new Tag!!
It's all about...

FOOD!

*happy dance*
I've been told by my bestie to start this tag so... here it is!! hehehehehehe


☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆


Today I'll be blogging about one of our most FAV buffet/hang out place in Singapore!ヽ(○´∀`)ノ♪
Which restaurant is this?

It's...









BASILICO!!!
"With an emphasis on fresh, seasonal and authentic Italian cuisine and offering both a la carte and buffet options, our award-winning Basilico Restaurant combines culinary drama with exquisite design. Highlights include a rotisserie, espresso bar, walk-in wine cellar and with alfresco style-dining available at the terrace overlooking the pool on offer for 33 guests, the informality of Italian culture is captured to perfection. Basilico seats 202 guests in the main indoor dining area."



 ☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆



So how did I find out about Basilico?
I got the privilege to gain some work experience at Basilico when I was still studying!
I got to learn a lot about Italian cuisine and wine!
It was such a fun experience and I just loved it so much because the team working in Basilico are
THE BEST!
A group of friend, fun-loving, and cheery people!
(Not to mention...THE FOOD IS AMAZING)


 ☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆


So let me give you a quick guide through the interior of the restaurant!!
So the restaurant is broken into 3 sections.
Appetizer, Main, and Dessert!





Love the ambiance of this place and the lighting and color that is used in this restaurant gives a really modern yet cozy feel... not to mention the chairs are super comfy lol

See the flowers?
They're fresh flowers!!!
If you walk around Regent... ALL the flowers you see are real!!!!
I love it when hotels/restaurants don't compromise or choose the easy way out by having plastic/fake flowers that will never wither/die.


☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆


Well let's get started on the grand tour of the most important part...
THE FOOD!!!

Appetizers
My bestie and I are a huge huge HUGE fan of the parma ham!!!!
I love having my parma ham with the melon!! (on the left)

Not a fan of parma ham? Not to worry!
They have all types of cold cuts to satisfy your needs!

Next is my favorite...
CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE
I LOVE CHEESE SO MUCH!!
This is probably where I spend most of my time at!!!


 


I like scrapping a bunch of this cheese and having it with the assorted honey that Basilico has to offer!
Love the truffle honey!


FYI
Basilico has a lot more to offer besides cheese and ham!!
It's just that I love cheese so much T_T
Basilico also has a bunch of seafood, veggie, and bread available in their appetizer section!

So this is my appetizer plate!!!
Cheese, cold cuts, and bread! lol

And I love my appetizers so much that...
I had seconds LOL!!!!

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

Mains
[left] Usually this is where the soup, Asian cuisines, and stews are located!
[right] Roasted meat, pizza, pasta, grilled veggies! YUUUUM

The pizzas are awesome!
Thin and crispy! Just the way I like it~
Also I love getting their ROAST BEEF!!

I realized I wasn't eating any greens since I started the meal so...
YAY FOR VEGGIE!
Which was only 10% of my meal o.o

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

Dessert
So what do comes to your head when you think
Italian & dessert?

I think... GELATO!! TIRAMISU!! PANNA COTTA
yummmm~♪ 

Basilico's dessert is always AWESOME!
[Left] Pastries and cakes!

[Center] Bite sized desserts like panna cotta, tiramisu, small tarts/cakes/etc.

[Right] GELATOOOO!!!
















I NEVER say 'no' to ice cream!!!!
*drools*
The flavors that they have are always different so it's always fun to see what flavors you can enjoy!
I really love the passion fruit, guava, pistachio, and espresso!!

My plate of yummy desserts!!!!

Chocolate, Espresso, and Pistachio Gelato!


☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆


My Thoughts
So instead of rating the restaurant with stars... I decided to rate with..
PIGGIES!!!
 ヽ(*’(OO)’)ノ
 Why? Cuz I'm a pig when it comes to eating LOL!!!!
(´(00)`)
I take my food very seriously. 

Taste: 5 Happy Piggies!!!!!
ヽ(*’(OO)’)ノヽ(*’(OO)’)ノヽ(*’(OO)’)ノヽ(*’(OO)’)ノヽ(*’(OO)’)ノ
Fresh food, GREAT taste, and always has a different range of food so you NEVER GET BORED!!!!
I don't like the places that has the same spread ALL THE TIME (* ̄з ̄)
I like trying out new things!

I'm honestly a huge fan of their appetizer and desserts!!!
I just can't get enough of it >________<

Price: 4 Happy Piggies!!!!
ヽ(*’(OO)’)ノヽ(*’(OO)’)ノヽ(*’(OO)’)ノヽ(*’(OO)’)ノ
If you're a student and/or with a budget of course this isn't the place for you to go for a normal meal.
Tammy and I go there to spoil ourselves... 
since it's good to give yourself an awesome treat once in a while!!! (。ゝω・。)
The restaurant has credit card discounts too!! Ask the friendly staff about their credit card discounts!

Ambiance: 5 Happy Piggies!!!!!
ヽ(*’(OO)’)ノヽ(*’(OO)’)ノヽ(*’(OO)’)ノヽ(*’(OO)’)ノヽ(*’(OO)’)ノ
This will be a great place for any sort of celebrations.. especially for BIRTHDAYS!!!!
For business meals this is an awesome place too because they have two secluded private rooms that can sit around 10 pax or if you're having a bigger group of people the restaurant has 4 corners that is quite secluded that you can book... then you have like a whole area to yourself!!!!!

Awesome for a family meal, romantic date, or a lunch out with the girls!

Service: 5 Happy Piggies!!!!!
ヽ(*’(OO)’)ノヽ(*’(OO)’)ノヽ(*’(OO)’)ノヽ(*’(OO)’)ノヽ(*’(OO)’)ノ
 I worked there!!!! So I know the kind of service Basilico has!
Everyone's really friendly, polite, and out to make sure you have a great meal!!


Overall this place has THE BEST Italian Buffet EVER!
So I strongly recommend everyone to go try it out!


☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆


Wanna go eat at Basilico now?
Well go make your reservation now!!
 1 Cuscaden Road, Singapore 249715
 Website: Regent Basilico

Operating Hours:
Breakfast: 6:30am - 10:30am (Mon - Sat); 7:00am - 10:30am (Sun)
Lunch: 12 noon - 2:30pm (Mon - Sat); 12 noon - 3pm (Sun)
Dinner: 6:30pm - 10:00pm

How to get there:
Drive there via Car or Taxi = easiest option LOL
Bus: 
Bus 36 Stops right in front of the Regent Hotel!
MRT: 
Not the best option because you need to get off at Orchard MRT then take the bus 36 
(opposite of Wisma and right near the OFS and ISS school)

For Reservations:
Call: +65 6725 3232
Online: Click here!


☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆


Signing off with a pic of Tammy and me!
Why didn't we camho while eating?
Errrr...cuz when we eat...we're too busy to take pics? LOL
Hope you guys enjoy eating @ Basilico as much as we do!ヽ(○´∀`)ノ♪


☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

xoxo,
Kiyoko and Tammy!!!

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Nice review with piggies rating Kiyoko! I will visit the place too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bro :)
      You should!! It's super yummies!!!!

      Delete
  2. *drool* all the food looks so tasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh you would love it too!!!! ^^ Do you like desserts~? ><

      Delete