[DIY x fashion] How to make your own attachable collar!

by - 6/04/2012 04:09:00 PM

This is a super late post but remember when I cosplayed a month ago?
Here's the link if you haven't seen it!


So anyways, for the cosplay I had to make my own collar...
The attachable collar is becoming a popular fashion statement these days.
BUT!!!
Did you know that they're actually really easy to make?!!??!

Lemme show you!!

I found this SUPER awesome link that shows you how to make your own collar!!
http://www.ecouterre.com/make-a-detachable-collar-for-popping-over-your-sweater-diy-tutorial/

When you master this..
you can make customize the collar to a different shape or size too!

Here's my process of making the collar...
I didn't take each step down on photo but you can kind of see the progression with these pics!!!

ENJOY!!!


First got my cloth!

Like the instructions said, I traced a collar of the shirt to get this draft!
Then I pinned it to the cloth and it's time to snip snip snip!!!



After the snipping is done...
TIME TO SEW!!!


Then you sandwich that piece you just sewed 
with the other pieces 
(don't forget to turn it inside out before you sandwich!!)

sew sew sew
FYI... I had to hand sew because I had no sewing machine LOL
OLD SCHOOL STYLE!!!!


I pinned everything to get a feel of what it would look like!!
looks quite good yeah??
Kinda looks a little gothic-ishy  with all the needles LOL


SO MORE SEWING!!!!!


THEN WHAT DO YOU GET?!?!?!



THIS!!!!!!
*applause*

All you have to do now is to...
WEAR IT!!
Very happy with how it turned out!!! 
I love learning how to make things 
and using my hands to create things!
(I'm a super hands on person)

Maybe I'll try making more things when I have a sewing machine >.<


What have you done anything that's DIY?


xoxo
Kiyoko

You May Also Like

0 comments