[Beauty x Makeup x Sponsored Review] Rachel K Radiance Illuminator Collagen + Lotus Stem Cell Hydrogel Mask Review

by - 7/24/2012 02:09:00 PM


*<(●´з`)ノ*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*・
Sponsored Review ・*:.。. .。.:*・゚゚・*ヽ(´ε`●)>*

Remember my instagram post I did about an upcoming review?
Well that time has finally come!!!

A few days ago, 
I received a package from the generous people from Rachel K Cosmetics!
Oh my! A mask!! MY FAVORITE!!!
I heard they released this product in July and I was super excited to try this mask out!!!
This isn't like the ordinary cotton masks, this is a hydrogel mask!

I've tried a hydrogel mask before when Charlene gave me one mask that she got from Korea!
She told me this mask is SUPER HARD TO GET because it's not sold in stores
and it's the hottest thing in Korea !!
Problem is... you can only buy it online 
=______=

So when I saw this mask... I WAS SUPER HAPPY!!!!!
You can get this is Singapore!!!



The front of the package




*zoom up*

"Brightens Dull skin, tightens pores, refines fine lines, controls sebum, calms & smoothes, tones & refreshes, restore hydration, elasticity and bounce to skin with visible and rapid results"

Sounds really good right?

Also I noticed that this product is from Korea!
Not to be biased or anything...
but I super super love Korean masks!!!!!

This has 30g of an essence bottle?!?!
*calculates*
THAT'S A LOT IN ONE MASK!!!!! 
O_O 
*shock*


The back of the mask



DESCRIPTION
(on the package)
"Hydrogel masks deliver 11~18% more moisture than traditional skincare sheet masks.
Hydrogel melts unto your skin, reacting directly to your skin's temperature.  It effectively locks in moisture, while its Trans-Dermal Technology allows hydrating agents to penetrate at levels twice greater than other moisturisers." 

"This easy-to-use mask has Stem Cells extracted from the lotus flower, which promote the division of skill cells, enhancing the skin's intrinsic ability to renew itself. Its gel-like texture contours to your face leaving it soft and hydrated, while refining fine lines and wrinkles. Its cool and refreshing forumula, coupled with powerful bio-cleaning abilities, removes dead skin cells, cleans, refines and leave the skin smooth and glowing. For normal, oily, or acne-prone skin, it's natural extracts work to clear out pores without irritation, while its hydrating ingredients deliver oil-free moisture, ensuring that your skin is never over dried and always beautifully vibrant."



INGREDIENTS
So many extracts!!
Packed with lots of natural goodness!


APPLICATION
(on the package)

Step 1
Prepare your skin by cleansing it with a facial cleanser


clean clean clean!



Step 2
Take out the mask and gently open in the centre and remove the inner glossy layer (the backing)

*opens package*
HELLO MASK!

So the mask has two parts 
for top and bottom part of your face
(I removed the eye and the mouth part of the mask)

You can see the inner glossy layer AND the transparent layer that's protecting the mask!
This a very weird habit but...
I always check to see how much product (essence) is left in the package!
It helps me see how absorbent the mask is and for any leftover essence...
I apply it on my neck and décolleté  area! 
As you can see...
this mask doesn't have any excess essence left!!
*thumbs up*



Step 3
Pay careful attention to smooth the mask over the face with your fingertips
Done putting the mask on!



Step 4
Leave the mask on for 30-40minutes
(longer than other masks!)

So when I was about to lie down and let the mask do it's magic...
I saw the eye pieces of the mask that I took off
 before putting the top part of the mask on my face
I looked at it and thought...
It's such a waste...
SO!!!!
I PLACED IT ON MY EYELIDS!!
*thumbs up*
FELT SUPER NICE TOO!!
It was like those eye masks things to make your eyes less puffy!!!
I even placed the excess mouth piece of the mask on my lips
(DON'T LET ANYTHING GO TO WASTE!!!)



Step 5
Remove the mask and pat any residue into the skin and
allow the skin a few minutes to fully absorb the remaining product.



BEFORE/AFTER
Before putting on the mask my skin felt a little dry (in Singapore?! Weird right??)
I admit I've been sleeping quite late for the past few days
so my skin wasn't in the best condition...
(but luckily I haven't suffered any breakouts...yet
*knocks on wood*)

(btw same lighting from just now!!!)

After applying the mask... my face felt super refreshed!!
My skin was soft and felt super moisturised BUT!!
it didn't feel sticky AT ALL!

My skin also had a nice 'glow' to it after applying the mask.
It's not like my skin shade got lighter but...
I guess you can say my skin didn't look dull!!



What I love about this mask is...
- The Gel material!!
It's nothing like the other cotton masks!!!
- the shape was a good match for my face!!!
- cooling and gentle on the skin
- the mask absorbed the essence very well (no extra essence in the packet)
- 30g of essence YO!
- This mask felt like the absorption was much better compared to other masks
 (after applying the mask, I realized the mask got thinner!!!!)
- leaves the skin feeling soft, smooth, and refreshed!!

My meh moments about this mask is...
- It's a little difficult to get the mask out of the package
- be VERY gentle with this mask!!! It's gel material so if you have long nails...
you must must make sure you that you don't poke the mask LOL

...

FINAL QUESTION:
So what this product offered was...
"Brightens Dull skin, tightens pores, refines fine lines, controls sebum, calms & smoothes, tones & refreshes, restore hydration, elasticity and bounce to skin with visible and rapid results"
and did it?

YES

This mask did almost everything it promised!!!!!
Well.. I can't say that it tightened my pores and refined my fine lines
(I don't have very visible ones yet)

BUT!!!!

I really think that this mask will be able to tighten my pores and refine my fine lines
if I continue using this mask!!

It's really amazing how great the results was just after ONE use!!


...

RATING:
4.999/5

I give this mask a 4.999/5 because it really did what it promised!!
I also love the gel material!!! More than the cotton material.
The only reason why I deducted 0.001 was because of the price.

To be honest, I think it's a little pricey but...
thinking of how effective the mask is and all the great ingredients in this baby...
it's quite a good investment!!!


...


This Rachel K Radiance Illuminator Collagen + Lotus Stem Cell Hydrogel Mask
is available at selected Watsons shops @ $5.90!

For more information about Rachel K Products... 
check out their website here
Twitter page here
and their Facebook fan page here


...


Have you tried a hydrogel mask before?


xoxo,
Kiyoko


You May Also Like

0 comments