[Event x Life] My 22nd Birthday

by - 5/14/2012 12:03:00 PM

I just thought I would do a quick overview of what I did over my 22nd Birthday weekend!
Since it's my first birthday spending it outside of Melbourne in 3 years...it was a little different...
but it was still fun!!!

Of course I missed all my buddies back in Melbourne...but my friends in Singapore made it an awesome weekend for me!
I'm a very blessed girl to have so many great friends all over the world!

So here's my weekend in on post!
I hope you guys enjoy the photospamage! 

Friday
So Friday started off like any other work day.
I wasn't expecting anything because my birthday is in 2 days time...
But while I was doing my normal routine of editing...I heard through my headphones

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY....♪"

Then I turned around to see my workmates all behind me with a cake singing!!!

Now then instead of a surprise Birthday I think it was more like...

SHOCK    (O_O       )

So here's a few pics! (of the cake...)
My first time trying awfully chocolate!!!
I think I heard their poached chocolate(?) is nice but this time I get...

A chocolate cake!! 


My piece had a 'K' on it   ( >_< )
The cake tasted REALLY NICE!
I liked how it wasn't TOOOOO sweet...
I'm a sweet tooth but I can't handle things that are too sweet...
it makes me feel like I'm getting diabetes with each bite....


So the cake made me super happy but that wasn't the only surprise!!
My Birthday Present! 
super cute earrings!!
Thank you everyone!!!!!!


Then after work...I went to Maybelline's New (York!) Me Event with Nozomi!!!
to read more about the event check out my post here!

Saturday
So on Saturday there was a lunch at Mushroom Pot with my workmates!!!

So as the name says...this place is known for their...

MUSHROOMS!!

But no jokes yo...this place is freaking yummy!!!!!!!
I think I ate so much that I was about to pass out from over-eating!!!

funky mushroom!!!

NOMNOM TIME!!!!

After lunch had a little time to sing sing and chill chill then...
 I started to think of what to eat as my last meal as 21 year old...

Then I saw a lot of people talking about this super unhealthy burger from KFC
instead of bread... there's TWO chicken pieces and with cheese, bacon and mayo...

wow.

So I decided to go to KFC!
Hello Double Down

...Hello food baby in my tummy!!!

And what did I do after eating my last meal as a 21 year old?
(super unhealthy yeah? lol)

well...


I played HON

and L4D2...

No matter how old I get..
I will always be a gamer!!!


Sunday
Sunday was quite a chill day for me!
I started my day just relaxing and sleeping in..

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Then I went to church!
I decided to go to the 3rd service along with my friend Trina!
It was my first time going to the 3rd service at Shine Auditorium so I was super excited!!
I really felt like it was a blessing to be able to spend my first day being 22 with the Lord!
The service was sooo amazing!

After service...
My CareGroup friends asked whether I can join them for a quick bite!
So I thought...why not!
Little did I know that they had a surprise for me!!

My first Chewy Junior!!!

I bet my friend Winston would be so proud of me LOL 
He kept telling me to try it and I finally did! ON MY BIRTHDAY!
(everyone around me is really pro at doing these things...
maybe they should be spies! hahahaha)

Then we went to have dinner!! 
(What? dinner after dessert?...yes!)
We walked to Purvey St. and went to this super affordable French Restaurant called Sauveur
Duckie!!!

I had the crispy pork belly with poached egg and lentils!!
IT WAS SO YUUUUUM!!!
and the price was SUPER KIND TO MY WALLET!!


...


After dinner, I met up with a few friends at ACID BAR!
I used to go there with my workmates in the hotel I worked to celebrate!
It's a very chill, comfy place and I like their live band!!

So my friend, David, decided to buy us this...
Lychee and Apple shots!
(quite diluted so it wasn't THAT bad)
We split the shots up and had a good chat and I think it was a good way to end my weekend!

Finished!!

Then I came back home to a lovely gift from Charlene and Weiboon!!

Tada~h!!
A "H&M" lace top and skirt!!

Also the reason why I didn't post this earlier is cuz it was only recently that...
I FINALLY got to have dinner with my friend Robbin!!!!

So we decided to go for shabu shabu~!!
Probably gonna go to a bufet shabushabu...
any recommendations???
My beef shabu shabu~!! 

Then after dinner I told him how I wanted to check out the earphones shop at ION
and we went to take a look..
(cuz the one I bought JUST 1 MONTH AGO...DIED!! OTL)
So Robbin helped me look at a few and then...

He was so sweet and got this for me as a birthday gift >_<
ありがとう~ m( _ _ )m
I love the color so much and from what my other friends have said on instagram...
it's an awesome earphone!!!!!!!!
*jumps for joy*


.............................


I didn't really feel like anything changed when I hit 22...
I guess that's because there's no more age restriction after you're past 21...
*feels old*

BUT! 

I did have a great time with the people who meant a lot to me :)
Of course I would have LOVED my friends in Melbourne to join the fun too
 but I guess I'll just have to organize a party when I go to Melbourne!!
*excited*

.......

This is the start of my life as a 22 year old...
Hopefully another year wiser!! *fingers crossed*


xoxo
Kiyoko

You May Also Like

0 comments