[Memory Lane x Beauty x Spreading the Lush♥] LUSH's Caca Noir

by - 5/11/2012 09:48:00 AM

So I bought the CaCa Noir Henna dye from LUSH a while back and i was waiting for the right time to dye it and..
well one night i just decided i'll do it! haha

so to begin this was my weapon of choice a...
shreader/grater
yup i was going to grate/shred my henna block into a powder form!
you can also cut it like you cut chocolate but i decided i wanted mine to be powdery!

so here goes!!!!

work those arm!!!
so it took me a total of 20ish mins to grate ALL of the henna dye
please note that if you have shorter hair (mine is really long) you can use...
3 blocks if you have a boy cut hairstyle
4 for medium hair
5 for long hair


I used all mine and i felt like i had quite a bit left over but i decided to dab it all onto my hair but its good to keep a few blocks so you can redye it to make sure the color stays on longer!!

this is the result of my hard work
kinda looks like matcha powder huh? hahahaha


so..can you guess which hand i held the henna block to grate? LAWLZ

OH YEAH!!
another BIG BIG BIG MUST DO

WEAR GLOVES!!!!

this is a MUST!!!!
i didnt have any gloves so..well...my nails got some free nail coloring
but dont worry it goes away in a week!

After you finish grating
its time to put some water in!!!

some people put coffee in the mix so you get a more bold color but i decided to stick with water~
i let my kettle boil and cool for just a little while so it's not boiling hot
and i wasnt quite sure how much to put in but...the best rule of thumb is that you're trying to get this..double whipped cream feeling

...so after a while it was like *pour* ..*stir* *pour* *stir* kinda routine
but after a while...

I GOT THIS

tada~h!!!!
yeah i started to get confused whether i was baking or dying my hair hahahaha
so after this you start doing the funnest part!!

PUTTING THE DYE ON!!!

now then. just make sure you have your gloves on!
if not..you'll end up like this...

RAWR!!!

haha i had so much fun putting it on!!! i think i'll be good to have maybe one more person to see if you got the dye all over your hair but doing it alone is pretty easy too!!!
i think its easier than applying the normal dye cuz i get to thoroghly apply the dye but yes it is messier!!

after applying the dye wrap some seran wrap aroundyour hair and you can heat it up with a dryer or just let the henna soak in naturally~
also you can just leave it to airdry!
the choices are up to you!!
i was told that if you airdry this henna dye it will bring out the indigo color but i didnt want to do an all-nighter so i decided to wrap my head AND also used a plastic bag  for extra protection! hehe

so let the henna dye stay in my hair for 6 hrs and after i washed it out...

this is the result!!

BEFORE



AFTER
..excuse my no-makeuped face..lawlz


So..What do I think of the CaCa Noir??
my hair feels really nice and YAY for the non-chemical smell!! hehe
I didnt get the indigo color but that's because i didnt let it air dry
but nontheless i LOVE the color though!!!

It's not TOO dark but it toned down my hair color into a warm almost black but with a hint of brown from my old hair color
There's no damage to my hair whatsoever and i've been washing my hair with LUSH's BIG shampoo and its helping my hair feel nice and silky smooth! ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Of course it takes longer and waaaaaaay messier than the DIY hair dye but...
if you're willing to have a natural alternative, I think it's not that bad!!

It's my first time using a henna dye and i think it's totally worth it!
I've been dying my hair with baaad chemicals since i was like...err...13?
So having a natural alternative does give me an excuse to continue dying my hair..hohohohohohoho~~~

So thank you LUSH for always doinga great job
bringing the best side nature into the beauty world ♥

ALSO!!
i would love to know any other mini-tips on applying the LUSH henna dye or would LOVE to see how the dye looks on everyone else!♥♥♥
If you guys have any photos or blogposts...do post on the comment section below~!

You May Also Like

0 comments